Insurance Technical Product Manager
Posted on 09/13/2021GuideStone - Dallas, TX
We are an innovative organization that invests in the spiritual, relational, financial, physical and professional development of our employees. We have a culture that values excellence, teamwork, humility, integrity, compassion and stewardship.
What We Offer You!
We offer employees a generous benefits package, flexible work schedules, the opportunity to be involved in community outreach and tuition reimbursement.
The Insurance Technical Product Manager has responsibility for managing the vision, strategy, & implementation of GuideStone’s insurance technology and related systems. Our organization has a clear mandate to improve the customer experience, foster self-service innovation and adoption rates and drive system efficiencies throughout the insurance line of business. This position supports the growth goals of GuideStone by ensuring optimized business processes. Additionally, the focus on Customer Experience will enhance customer loyalty – yielding growing revenue.
What you will do:
- Work with key stakeholders to define, document and implement the desired state for the insurance service delivery to internal and external customers, including aspects of servicing beyond transaction processing such as onboarding and retention efforts.
- Accountable for ensuring the effective delivery of the Insurance roadmap and Product Management initiatives as established by leadership and key stakeholders in the Insurance line of business.
- Through research, customer experience measurement and collaboration with the LOB leadership, identify market needs for the various end users of systems and customer interfaces.
- Work closely with the Insurance Line of Business steering committee and other LOB stakeholders regarding prioritization and resource allocation for technology initiatives across the Insurance LOB.
- Manage vision, roadmaps and backlogs according to customer needs and prioritization. Report progress against roadmap to LOB management and stakeholders.
- Establish a regular cadence for ideation and reprioritization for key technological enhancements.
- Establish business cases for various feature enhancements, epics and new customer interfaces.
- Measure utilization of various customer interfaces and report results to Insurance LOB staff, management and stakeholders.
- Establish go to market strategies for new customer interfaces and feature updates.
- Work with BA & SME’s to establish detailed requirements for the scrum team.
- Work with BA & SME’s to re-engineer business processes as new technologies and features are developed.
What you will need:
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent work experience.
- Graduate degree (MBA) is preferred.
- Proven project planning and management skills.
- Strong leadership, financial, communication and analytical skills.
- Extensive knowledge of internal processes, products, services and markets for GuideStone’s insurance line of business.
- Experience with Agile and Scrum methodologies a plus.
- Strong interpersonal skills; team oriented mindset and ability to interact with all levels of the organization.
- Strong negotiation and mediation skills.
- Ability to prioritize multiple priorities so that all areas of responsibility receive appropriate and timely attention.
- Understanding of GuideStone’s strategic objectives.
- Ability to use industry knowledge to provide practical, sustainable solutions that address concrete needs.
- Experience working with vendors and other external competitive intelligence resources.
- Must have complete confidentiality regarding GuideStone business matters.
- Highly proficient PC skills in MS Office and all applicable GuideStone system applications.
- Travel up to 5% annually.
Please login to apply for this job.