Director of Marketing Strategy
Posted on 08/23/2021GuideStone - Dallas, TX
We are an innovative organization that invests in the spiritual, relational, financial, physical and professional development of our employees. We have a culture that values excellence, teamwork, humility, integrity, compassion and stewardship.
What We Offer You!
We offer employees a generous benefits package, flexible work schedules, the opportunity to be involved in community outreach and tuition reimbursement.
Basic Purpose: The Director of Marketing Strategy role is a strategic thought leader who uses Marketing expertise, data analysis, customer insights innovation, and product knowledge to drive value throughout the organization for the ultimate benefit of those that we serve and hope to serve. The Director of Marketing Strategy plays an integral role in establishing Marketing as a strategic partner with the lines of business. This role will work alongside Brand Management, Digital/MarTech and Business Intelligence leaders to expand the capabilities of GuideStone to effectively communicate its distinct value proposition.
What you will do:
- Work with lines of business leadership to develop strategic marketing plans and oversee their execution.
- Must develop high collaborative teams that are focused on continuous improvement to drive business outcomes and deliver measurable results using agile principles.
- Prioritize the initiatives of the Marketing Strategy team to ensure that the activities are in line with the goals and objectives of the lines of business.
- Work in close partnership with the Business Intelligence team to drive an analytics-based approach to reaching customers and prospects.
- Lead the organization in assessing new and innovative ways of engaging with our target audience.
- Adopt an agile approach that can quickly learn and pivot to maximize the effectiveness of strategic initiatives.
- Communicate the impact of marketing campaigns in achieving their stated objectives to internal stakeholders.
- Develops key relationships with leadership across all product lines to integrate marketing and line of business efforts.
- Establish and enhance strategic relationships with external partners in the strategic marketing and co-branding of related products and services.
- Manage and direct large team of marketing, implementation and administrative managers and specialists.
- Carry out supervisory responsibilities in accordance with the organizations policies and applicable laws. Responsibilities include interviewing, hiring and training of employees; planning, assigning, and directing work; appraising performance; rewarding and disciplining employees; addressing complaints and resolving problems.
What you will need:
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent work experience; degree preferred in marketing.
- Graduate degree or MBA preferred.
- Strong working knowledge of Financial Services industry including Retirement, Investment and Insurance products and services.
- Strong motivational and management skills.
- Demonstrated ability to effectively manage multiple priorities.
- Excellent interpersonal skills.
- Strong analytical skills and good decision-making ability.
- Travel is less than 10% annually.
- Proficient PC skills in MS Office and appropriate GuideStone system applications.
- Ability to appropriately represent GuideStone and its best interests.
- Must have complete confidentiality regarding GuideStone business matters.
- Familiarity with insurance, investment and retirement industry concepts and language.
- Knowledge of GuideStone investments and retirement products and services, plans and systems.
- Strong written and verbal communication skills.
- Strong creative skills, able to embrace change and new ideas.
Please login to apply for this job.