Director, Retirement Solutions - Institutional Team
Posted on 08/24/2021GuideStone - Dallas, TX
We are an innovative organization that invests in the spiritual, relational, financial, physical and professional development of our employees. We have a culture that values excellence, teamwork, humility, integrity, compassion and stewardship.
What We Offer You!
We offer employees a generous benefits package, flexible work schedules, the opportunity to be involved in community outreach and tuition reimbursement.
Would you like to join a faith-based non-profit financial services organization that offers investment management, retirement, personal advisory services, insurance, and property and casualty solutions to the evangelical Christian community. And, there’s more! An award-winning* mutual fund company, GuideStone Funds – the nation’s largest Christian-screened registered mutual fund family-- offers a comprehensive fund line-up across most major asset classes. We are an innovative organization located in Dallas, Texas that invests in the spiritual, relational, financial, physical and professional development of our employees. We have a culture that values excellence, teamwork, humility, integrity, compassion and stewardship. We offer employees a generous benefits package, flexible work schedules, the opportunity to be involved in community outreach and tuition reimbursement.
Our retirement line of business serves institutions and churches, including hospitals, universities, seminaries, mission-sending organizations, family services, and evangelical Christian ministries.
Are you a dynamic self-starter, quick thinking with a real passion for excellence, a strong communicator with retirement business acumen? The Director, Institutional Team, Retirement Solutions leads the Retirement Solutions relationship management team. Types of plans include 403(b)(9), 403(b)(7), ERISA and Church 401(k) plans, and deferred compensation plans inclusive of 409A and 457. This position is responsible for leading the growth and plan sponsor servicing, executing on the line of retirement business strategies, and meeting key performance metrics.
How you will fulfill your potential:
Lead relationship managers to foster deeper relationships at all levels of the plan sponsor’s leadership and organization, serving in a consultative capacity through regularly communicating legal and technical benefit-related information and support to plan sponsor executive management, business services and human resource personnel. Develop proactive growth and retention strategies, supporting key organizational goals. Quarterback the provision for the sales, education, and servicing needs of all related plan participants and prospects.
· Develop the relationship management team to drive effective plan design conversations by acquiring and leveraging plan data and understanding the client’s culture, budget and needs to influence greater participant financial preparedness. Promote the use and sharing of data to promote overall plan wellness and identify plan developmental opportunities and support account growth.
· Serve as a thought leader and trusted resource to segment leaders to promote a clear understanding of unique needs, trends, and cultures to deepen relational opportunities. Lead the development of SWOT analysis and Relationship Mapping for key accounts. Work in coordination with Marketing to design, develop and execute marketing campaigns, webinars, and field-based presentations for digital engagement/sales and for use by team personnel to meet the sales, education and service needs of retirement plan sponsors and participants, including underserved and unserved accounts.
· Set CRM usage standards to monitor all assigned client contact and the results of all sales, education, and service campaigns. This is inclusive of working with team members on updating risk ratings and recent consultant dialogue.
· Build relationships with affinity organization leaders and coordinate GuideStone representation at employer sponsored benefit fairs, national, state, regional and associational events sponsored by clients and other organizational groups for networking and when significant participation by plan participants and/or prospects warrants a GuideStone presence.
· Discover and cross-sell current and prospective SBC and XM opportunities for GuideStone’s retirement, retail, institutional investing, property and casualty, and insurance products plans and services.
· Promote Mission Dignity by seeking to discover potential donors and recipients.
What you will need:
· Bachelor’s degree or equivalent work experience.
· Master’s degree is preferred.
· Series 6, 63 and 26
· Additional professional designations such as CEBS, CRPS preferred
· Must be a member of a Southern Baptist Church.
· Working knowledge of clients relationship with Southern Baptist
· Strong understanding of retirement plan documents and ability to clearly communicate complex features
· Understanding of financial planning issues for ministers and churches: tax reporting for ministers; social security issues for clergy; federal reporting requirements for churches; tax treatment of protection benefits; housing allowance; and business-related expenses.
· Deep knowledge of the retirement industry, mutual funds, and benefits and compliance information.
· Experience working alongside consultant led relationships.
· Travel up to 30% to 40% annually.
· Proficient PC skills in MS Office and appropriate GuideStone system applications.
Please login to apply for this job.